Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Trees are Gone!!

Three trees came down today--I have soooooo much light in my yard, now!!  The one in the back, a Silver Maple, was huge and really shadowed most of the yard, for most of the day.  I was feeling guilty about cutting it down to increase the sunlight for my garden, but when we had three arborists come out to give us bids, they all said it need to come down ASAP because it was split in the middle and starting to rot.  Phew!  What a relief to feel so much better about taking it down!!  There was another smaller tree crowding out several other trees in the back corner, so that one went, too.  Look at how much it opened up the space:


Here's what it looked like before:



And the front tree, as much as I liked it, was too close to the house and it was destroying the new roof.  Now, so much light comes through to our living room!!


Here's what it looked like before:



No comments:

Post a Comment