Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012 Seeds!!

It's that time again!! On Saturday night, 3/3/12, around 11 pm, I decided it was time to get my seeds sowed. I would have done this a week earlier, but I was dreadfully sick.  And even though I had prepared the garage station for my seeds, I decided to move operations inside (to my crafting desk) in hopes the warmth would accelerate things (considering I was already a week or two later than I wanted to be).  So here's the garage area, prepared with Styrofoam and foil:


No worries though, I'll use this space in a few weeks when it's time to move the colder season stuff outside before planting in the ground.  Until then, here's my inside space (another reason to move the cold season stuff outside-I don't have enough lighting inside):


Here's what I have started:
3/3/12:
  • Ferry Morse (FM) Heirloom Tomatoes:  Pruden's Purple (2), German Johnson (2), Brandywine (3), Mortgage Lifter (2), Cherokee Purple (3), Big Rainbow (2), Black Krim (2)
  • Hybrid Tomatoes:  FM Organic Beefsteak (2), Lilly Miller (LM) Sweet 100 Cherry (3)
  • FM Organic Early Long Purple Eggplant (2)
  • FM Organic Early Jalapeno (1)
  • FM Purple Tomatillo (2)
  • Virginia Tobacco (3)
  • Humes Dwarf Marigolds (25)
  • Humes Dwarf Zinnias (15)
  • FM Organic Sweet Basil (3)
  • Humes White Vienna Kohlrabi (12)
  • Plantation Organic Detroit Red Dark Beets (9)
  • Humes Perpetual Spinach (9)
  • Humes Olympia Spinach (18)
  • Humes Rainbow Swiss Chard (6) and FM Organic Ruby Swiss Chard (6)
  • Plantation Organic Arugula (9) 
  • Humes Organic Icicle Radishes (9) and FM Organic Cherry Belle Radishes (9)
  • Humes Smooth Leaf Kale (26) and Humes Curly Kale (16)
  • Humes Red Romaine Lettuce (9)
  • Humes Paris Island Romaine Lettuce (9)
  • Humes Salad Bowl Lettuce (9)
  • FM Organic Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce (9)
  • FM Organic De Cicco Broccoli (3)
  • Lilly Miller Georgia Collards (1)
  • Humes Evergreen Bunching Onions--a bunch of seeds in one 4x4 pot (to be thinned later)
3/4/12:
  • Humes Dwarf Cosmos (10)
  • Humes Echinacea (5) + 18 reseeded in last year's pots in greenhouse
  • Humes Dwarf Lupine (5) + 12 reseeded in last year's pots in greenhouse
  • Humes Dwarf Daisies (4) reseeded in last year's pots in greenhouse (2 still growing)
  • Humes Gloriosa Daisies (18) reseeded in last year's pots in greenhouse
  • Ginger root--One large root inside in pot of seed starting mix and earthworm castings
  • 5 Jersey Knight Asparagus Crowns (Green Turtle)



The Marigolds are already up (they started teeny sprouts last night, but really came up this morning, 3/6/12)!! I've used the heating pad for 1.5 days, about 12 hours overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment