Friday, February 24, 2012

Never too late? I'm going to post some pics from this past summer, 2011!

I really did have the best of intentions--I was going to be a superstar youtuber AND blogger, detailing every aspect of my 2011 garden...I have hundreds of pics of my garden and yet I've posted nothing since June! So incredibly wrong!  Isn't that how it always goes?

So here we are at the end of February, 2012.  I want to take this time (it's cold and rainy out, I'm sick, what the heck?) to post a few highlights from the past 8 (yikes!) months or so:

JUNE, 2011






JULY, 2011

After all that time, this is what I got.  I am not growing carrots again!!



This was a transplant I put out in mid-June.  I actually grew two heads of cauliflower this year!! Woohoo!


My sick black baby and his brother, enjoying the good life.  Ed, the jet black cat, had kidney failure.  He always wanted to be an outdoor cat, so we put up the very flimsy garden fencing and let 'em at it.  It really was the best. summer. ever.  Amazingly, neither of the boys tried to escape! Old age, I guess...

This is a great way to save your scallions.  Just cut them up and freeze in a freezer bag.  They're absolutely fine, delicious and I can't even tell they're frozen when I throw them in salads.  The other stuff is dehydrated zucchini chips and pulp crackers.  :) Yummy!!

One of my many harvests. :)  Of course, I tried to arrange everything so it looked like more was there than there really was...

Another first--successfully growing an artichoke!! Yes, it was TEENY, but still.  Really fun.  

I had such high hopes for this Jack O'Lantern.  I think it topped out at around 2 pounds!! 


Ah, homegrown catnip...

The spring organic potatoes, some of which I used to plant another fall crop.  

Fall and winter seeds!! 


One of my biggest red onions.  I clearly need to read up on which ones to grow out here and when to get them in the ground.  This was HUGE compared to most of them...

AUGUST, 2011







Fall potatoes!! I've learned my lesson--always plant these things in a separate container.  I think I'll be surprised by volunteer potatoes in my raised bed for years to come...

Okay, I'm going to break this post up into another one (for the fall pics)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment